Mayborn Group Ltd – Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last updated: 24 August 2012
This policy sets out how Mayborn Group Ltd and its affiliates (collectively ("Mayborn", "we"/"us"/"our") uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website (the "Website"). We regard the privacy of our users as very important and any personal information which you provide to us will be dealt with in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact us by email at email@example.com or on 0191 250 1864 before using this Website.
Other privacy terms may apply where you access other services, websites or social media through the Website. You should read any other applicable privacy policies carefully before accessing and using such other services.
What personal information do we collect?
In general, and unless you (i) submit a query via the website and provide us with your contact details; or (ii) register with one of the other members of the Mayborn group of companies via a link on this website to access other services available on that company's website, you can use this Website without giving us any personal information. However, we may gather certain (non-personal) information such as records of your activity on the Website without you registering with us and giving us personal information.
We may collect and use the following information:
- your name and contact information (including e-mail address) and any other contact details you provide to us when submitting a query via the "Contact Us" section of the website;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our Website;
- records of any correspondence when you contact us; and
- details of your visits to the Website including information about your online activity on the Website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Website.
What do we do with the personal information we collect?
We use your personal information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the Website;
- to advertise certain products which we think you might be interested in to you when you visit the Website;
- to contact you regarding any specific enquiry you make; and
- statistical analysis.
Whom do we share this information with?
Your personal information will be used for the above purposes by relevant staff in Mayborn and by those who support them in their roles. It will also be made available to companies within our group of companies, and to those we engage to help us run our business. This may include service providers and subcontractors retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as website hosting and management; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business. Information is provided to such service providers and subcontractors on the basis that they do not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law.
Your personal information may also be shared within our group of companies for other limited purposes e.g. to the extent needed for proper management and analysis and decision making, including in relation to collating information about users' online activity on the Website, as detailed above.
Mayborn may also disclose your personal data:
- In response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise its legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When Mayborn believes that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Mayborn, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law or co-operate with law enforcement; or to enforce its terms or other agreements; and
- To prospective or actual buyers in the event that Mayborn sells any of its business or assets.
Other than as set out above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
Where is your data?
The personal information you provide through the Website is processed in the United Kingdom. It may be transferred to other companies within the same group of companies as Mayborn or other third parties as described in the previous paragraphs. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information will be afforded the level of protection required under UK data protection legislation and this policy.How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Mayborn Group, Jackel International Ltd, Dudley Lane, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 7RH.
If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
Security and storage
Please remember that the internet is not a secure medium. Communications over the internet such as e-mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use Google Analytics cookies for certain areas of our Website. A cookie is a small file that stores information on your hard drive or browser so that our Website can recognize you as a returning visitor and to tailor your experience of the Website according to your preferences. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about your online activity on the Website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For more information about the information gathered using Google Analytics please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org.) If you do so, some of the features and services of the Website may not function properly. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Your continued use of the Website will be treated as consent to the use of these cookies for the purposes described.